Here's an idea for a yummy and light breakfast that can be made ahead and modified with your favourite flavors.
4 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
4 tablespoons ground almonds
5 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt or plant-based yoghurt for a vegan variant
4 dry figs
2 tablespoons honey or any kind of plant-based syrup
1/2 cup fresh strawberries + 1 large strawberry (any kind of berries will work)
+ Reusable glass jar
1. Mix the chopped hazelnuts and the ground almonds, add a tablespoon of honey.
2. Cut the dry figs into small pieces and mix them with the yoghurt.
3. Set aside a large strawberry and blend the rest of them.
4. Cut the large strawberry into small pieces.
5. To assemble the parfaits, layer the mixture of hazelnuts and almonds into the glass jar. Top it with the dry figs and yoghurt. Add the blended strawberries and top them with a generous sprinkle of strawberry pieces. Drizzle with a tablespoon of honey.
That's it — well done! You can always try adding other flavours to the recipe, mixing them into the yoghurt and topping. What are your favourite parfait combinations?